The Art of Virtual Keyboarding
Due date: 9:00AM October 5th, 2017
- File:Source Code.zip Source code of the baseline keyboard
- File:Keyboard.jar Compiled keyboard
What to submit
- Upload a demo video (in the form of screen recordings) of your finished program to the homework assignment wiki page. Please use voice overs and/or on-screen captions to explain your application implemented. You can use either Cam Studio(Windows, free) or iShowU HD (Mac, free evaluation) to record the video.
- Email a brief report (no more than 3 pages in total) that describes your solutions to both the instructor and the TA. Make it clear the design decisions you made, and the reasons (pros and cons) of those decisions. Use Figures when necessary; make sure your descriptions are accurate and succinct.
- Email a copy of the compressed source code of your project to the TA (please also include a README file to describe how to build your application. Please also include a web link to a compressed copy of pre-built, ready to run application in the readme file). Please make sure the total size of your source code package is no more than 1.5 MB. Please contact the instructor and the TA if you couldn’t make the source of your project smaller than the size limit.
- Windows: You can use the free Cam Studio.
- OS X: You can use a free trial version of iShowU HD or create a screen recording with Quicktime X.
You will submit the demo video part of your assignment on this wiki.
Create a Wiki Page for this assignment
Begin by creating a new wiki page for this assignment. Go to your user page that you created when you made your account. You can get to it by typing the following URL into your browser:
Replace FirstName and LastName with either you or your homework partner's real first and last names. This will take you to the page you created for yourself when you created your wiki account. If you have trouble accessing this page, please check that you created your wiki account properly.
Edit your user page to add a link to a new wiki page for this assignment. The wiki syntax should look like this:
Again replace FirstName and LastName with your name. Look at my user page for an example. Then click on the link and enter the information about your assignment. You should upload the files described below and describe any extra functionality you implemented and want us to review.
Create & Upload Screencast Video
- What your screencast should contain:
- Narrated walkthrough of the interface including all implemented interactions.
- Be concise. Your video shouldn't be longer than 120 seconds.
- Be prepared to do multiple takes; plan and/or write out a script first.
- Your file should be in WMV, AVI or MOV format, and no larger than 50MB.
- Rename the wmv/mov file to firstname-lastname-hw1.wmv (e.g., jingtao-wang-hw1.wmv)
- Upload the wmv file to the Homework1-FirstNameLastName page you just created:
- Create a new file link like this: [[Media:firstname-lastname-hw1.wmv]]
- Save the page, then click on the File link you just created to upload the wmv file.
Add Link to Your Finished Assignment
One you are finished editing the page, add a link to it at the bottom of the page with your full name as the link text. The wiki syntax will look like this: *[[Homework1-FirstNameLastName|FirstName LastName]]. Hit the edit button for the last section to see how I created the link for my name.
Links to Finished Assignments
Add your submission below this line.