- 1 Getting Physical and Creating Internet of Things (IoT) with Arduino and Galileo
- 2 Submission Instructions
Getting Physical and Creating Internet of Things (IoT) with Arduino and Galileo
Due date: 9:00AM October 26, 2017
What to submit
- Upload some small video clips (no more than 20 seconds each for assignments 1 – 4; no more than 1 minute for A5; no more than 2 minutes for A6) of your completed system to the homework assignment wiki page. Please use voice overs and/or on-screen captions to explain your system. No need to use a camcorder if you don’t have one, the video recording function of your digital camera or camera phone will be fine.
- Email a brief report (no more than 3 pages in total) that describes your solutions to both the instructor and the TA. Describe challenges you met and lessons learned during the implementation. A couple of sentences will be okay for assignments 1 – 4. Use Figures when necessary; make sure your descriptions are accurate and concise.
- Email a copy of the compressed source code of your project to the TA (please also include a README file to describe how to build your application. Please also include a web link to a compressed copy of pre-built, ready to run application on the PC side in the README file). Please make sure the total size of your source code package is no more than 1.5 MB. Please contact the instructor and the TA if you couldn’t make the source of your project smaller than the size limit.
Some Inspirational Ideas from Previous Students
- Media:SmartCoffeeCoaster.wmv By David Krebs, Lindsey Bieda, and Alexander Conrad
- Media:DrivingSimulator.mov By Abedul Haque, Phillip Walker, and CharmGil Hong
- Media:MicroWaveScheduler.mov By Lingjia Deng, Xiangmin Fan, and Xianwei Zhang
You will submit the demo video part of your assignment on this wiki.
Create a Wiki Page for this assignment
Begin by creating a new wiki page for this assignment. Go to your user page that you created when you made your account. You can get to it by typing the following URL into your browser:
Replace FirstName and LastName with either you or your homework partner's real first and last names. This will take you to the page you created for yourself when you created your wiki account. If you have trouble accessing this page, please check that you created your wiki account properly.
Edit your user page to add a link to a new wiki page for this assignment. The wiki syntax should look like this:
Again replace FirstName and LastName with your name. Look at my user page for an example. Then click on the link and enter the information about your assignment. You should upload the files described below and describe any extra functionality you implemented and want us to review.
Create & Upload Demo Video
- What your demo video should contain:
- Narrated walkthrough of the interface including all implemented interactions.
- Be concise.
- Be prepared to do multiple takes; plan and/or write out a script first.
- Your files should be in WMV, AVI or MOV format, and no larger than 50MB.
- Rename the wmv/mov file to firstname-lastname-hw2.wmv (e.g., jingtao-wang-hw2.wmv)
- Upload the wmv file to the Homework1-FirstNameLastName page you just created:
- Create a new file link like this: [[Media:firstname-lastname-hw2.wmv]]
- Save the page, then click on the File link you just created to upload the wmv file.
Add Link to Your Finished Assignment
One you are finished editing the page, add a link to it at the bottom of the page with your full name as the link text. The wiki syntax will look like this: *[[Homework2-FirstNameLastName|FirstName LastName]]. Hit the edit button for the last section to see how I created the link for my name.